Monday 30 March 2015

April trip to Lake Achen

That is completely sufficient. You missed nothing. On the contrary, it even sounds strange and almost seems a bit of funny when you hear the news again after months of abstinence. Or at a kiosk reads the headlines. It's like you're tap into a well-known loop. In this eternal bleating machinery that still produces the same mud. It is the pull of a colorful, loud, empty hole. With the boat, fortunately, can sail away easily.
Only when the winter comes, the bitter cold, the ship must be out of the water. The ice could damage the paint, crush the hull if possible. Then I 'm staying with friends, draw grumpy and briefly again in the one room of my apartment. In March, however, the planks have to be sanded and painted again. In April it starts again - get out on the water, back to safety to Aachen.
What is happening? The view in the distance is one of the gifts of my little town and housing change. Not rigid at all the house walls, no doors, no motorcade, no longer gasping for parking. At sea, these phenomena of full gas company no longer exist. Man must keep still, listening. You do not dozing in this life boat also.
The greatest gift in my life at sea is life - but also time to work. For I am God knows no privateer, no shares with cute little box filled account. So I write and work on board to continue - and this even more and, perhaps, even better. Sitting on the bunk next to the galley and can devote myself to the texts with rest. When I want, when it runs best. Mostly in the very early morning hours on the cheap Ferry Holyhead Dublin.
I have a laptop, a surf stick. Near the coast and in the ports of the network usually works well. Twice a day I dial into the invisible world beyond the horizon into it, read and write my e -mails. Twice a day, a quarter of an hour. That's it. Not more. Makes me more stupid. It has taken away my life.
At noon I go swimming, am sailing here, there, in the next bay to the next port. Eat herring sandwiches, chatting with fishermen. But lo and behold: There is still time left! For as much time stealing a the offices, the mail, the city, the smart phones, the television, the eternal distractions of our sounding little world ? I would now appreciate that all this a smooth steals half of each day. If you are not careful, half a lifetime with cheap Ferry Harwich Hook of Holland.
I need little. The Lake Achen, two pairs of jeans, some T-shirts, three thick sweaters, two pairs of sneakers. That is enough. Also, this reduction gives a time - and perhaps one or the other. No longer the pursuit of more, being surrounded by a thousand things, not the usual stimuli dictate the day. All wiped away. The Marine life is after all the months of rather a different way of looking through the head.
How long can you evade our harried society - without missing out on something ? Even the question is wrong. How long do you let yourself of this rushed society - to have missed anything really important in the end? This question makes it even more likely.